Thursday, June 30, 2016

Halfway There! (Week 4)

It's Thursday! You know what that means!! AN EMAIL FROM OUR FAVORITE SISTER MISSIONARY!!!! And she sent pictures this time, so you're in for a real treat!!

"On Sunday I gave a talk in Russian and it was pretty awesome! It was about 5 minutes long and I barely had any issues with any of the words! My district also did the musical number which was singing Nearer My God to Thee in Russian. (In the MTC we have a special musical number every Sunday).

I never thought I would be so happy for the Mission President seminar to be over. We are back to our regular food now, and I guess you really just don't appreciate something until it is gone. We finally have more than one choice for food again Hoorah!!!

Service is seriously the antidote for everything, I swear. I have learned so much about serving other people in the short weeks that I have been here! I love how it makes me feel when I can think about other people.

Our regular Russian teachers are both back in town finally, so the schedule isn't quite so crazy anymore (we don't have a new teacher everyday). It's good because they know what we have and haven't learned. I am getting better and better at remembering and recognizing words everyday! We are trying to memorize around 20 words a day, and it gets easier all of the time. I am starting to recognize what type of endings Russian uses for verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc. The cases are super tricky, though, and learning the masculine and feminine words is a pain! However, seeing how far I have come in this short time, I can't imagine where I will be in 18 months!! It's really cool to hear the new missionaries in our zone learning so much already. When we have zone prayer, we get to hear Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian praying! It's absolutely amazing. This has got to be one of the coolest places in the world.

In other news, we can teach a lesson without looking at any books now, it's a little hard, but we are getting so good! My companions are amazing.

On Wednesday, we got to host new missionaries again. There were only a couple hundred coming in this time instead of 800. I hosted a cute sister going to Canada Calgary English speaking. She was so excited to serve her mission. It's funny to watch people being dropped off because they're always either super excited or super sad. I think I was a little of both!

There's not much else to say this week besides I love all of you and I love being here! I cannot believe that I am halfway into my MTC stay. I am sad that I will be leaving the other Sisters when they go to Russia, but I am so blessed to have met them all. The friends I have made here will last a lifetime!

Love,
Sister Jenne"










Unfortunately, Sister Jenne didn't caption the pictures, so I can't tell you what is going on in all of them, but it sure looks like she is still learning a lot and having an awesome time!! I chatted with her over email, and I know that she is absolutely loving it there so far! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment