Wednesday, May 10, 2017

TEMPLE (Week 47)

"This morning, we had the pleasure of going to the temple! And so P-day is on a Tuesday. One of those rare instances when the life of a missionary is disrupted from the typical...JUST KIDDING, that happens every single day. P-day on Mondays might be the single most constant thing in the mission field. And waking up at 6:30. Speaking of such...I've learned that miracles are unplanned. They never happen in the way that we expect them. Little bits of sunshine pop up in the most obscure corners of our lives. It might be as simple as a smile or a hug, and it can be monumental.

Birthday shout-out to Maddie, Emily and Justin! You're all amazing; Happy Birthday!

Also, Sister Bell tripped walking into the baptismal font in the temple today. She told me I could tell you all that ;)

This week we went to go and do something that we do all of the time....drop by a member and ask for referrals. A simple thing that missionaries do. We had no idea that those members had moved, but we walked up to two men walking out of the vacant apartment after having cleaned it. Lo and behold, they were speaking Russian. Now, I wish I could say that we found two Russian speaking men who are interested in the gospel, but we didn't. However, the Lord placed us right there for a reason. And we were able to give them a Book of Mormon and invite them to read. There is power in promising people blessings.

I have a testimony that we are guided by the spirit! the experience above is just one of many that we experienced this past week! I think I talked about this in my last email as well.

The infamous Brother Slava had his birthday yesterday. It was so fun. I've never seen so many different kinds of Russian food in one place! He insisted that we eat special dill and cucumber soup, and cottage cheese/date-filled crepes and some other various Russian foods. I am glad to be in America! I don't know if I would every get used to eating like that. We had a dinner with a member right after our dinner with Bro Slava. Then we went back and ate even more at his house for a few minutes. Let's just say I could probably survive for a week without eating. Don't worry mom, I am being well taken care of.

Quote of the week
Jewish man: "You know, the more you girls talk, the more I start to actually believe you"
us: *thank you Holy Ghost!!!!*
There's power in pure testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ! It just makes sense.

How to know if you have faith in Jesus Christ:
-Do you trust Him?
-Are you confident that He loves you?
Simple questions. Faith in Jesus Christ is a simple thing, but one of the most important things, if not the most important. When we have faith, then we can find peace in our own imperfections, and the imperfections of other people!

I love you all! Have a wonderful week,
Sister Jenne"








No comments:

Post a Comment