Saturday, May 27, 2017

Seattle Really Does Have Rats (Week 49)

"Some things this week...
-We were casually walking on the sidewalk. Like missionaries do...I see something out of the corner of my eye on the ground. Figure it's just a leaf or dirt. Step on it. Feel something really solid. Realize that it's actually a rat carcass. And, I might or might not have chased my companion with my shoe...
-We watched Russians play chess in the mall
-We ate at a Russian restaurant...I got piroshkiys...bread stuffed with beef and potatoes and cheese. Mmmmm!!
-We street contacted and found a surprisingly large number of Russian speaking people walking around in the park. (you can spot them from a mile away)

I skyped my wonderful family! I'm in shock that this is my last call home, but I guess being in person on Christmas is better than being over the internet. Seeing all of your smiling faces just reminds me why I'm here! I want other people to know the joy of an eternal family just as I know. I loved seeing everyone! It's such a blessing...something that we don't fully appreciate in the moment.

We had a blitz in our area this week. A blitz is where other missionaries come and help us! That was awesome. they were able to meet with some people who we haven't been able to have solid contact with, so that was awesome! It's good to know who is not ready and who we should try back with. We had a cool miracle at a wedding, actually! The photographer was Russian. We were able to talk to him for a while, and talk about the church and about helping him with English as well. We are excited to see that he has potential! We also met with a man who wants to come to church in 2 weeks. He seems really solid and should soon become a new investigator. MIRACLES in Russian South! It's cool to see what comes from sacrifice and working hard. We were debating whether we should spend some time with the widows in our ward on Mother's Day; we decided to just go out and work all night instead! Because of that, we met some seriously awesome people!

I'm running out of time, but I love you all very much! Blessings continue to come every single day and week and I am just glad that I am able to be a missionary. I am eternally grateful to be here in Seattle.

Love, Cectpa Jenne"


No comments:

Post a Comment