Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Apartment Sharing is Fun to Do! (Week 48)

"Fun to do, fun to do...
So we got a call on Friday night. The two other Russian sisters (my previous companions, Sister Christensen and Sister Hamon) are staying with us due to an issue with their apartment. They showed up at our apartment at *GASP* 11:25 on Friday night! It was the craziest Friday night I've had in a whole year! So for 3 nights now, we've been having a slumber party. The hardest part is that we only have one key. And, being inexperienced with having to share keys, we weren't sure how to handle that and so we would give whoever was going to come home first the key. What we didn't think about what that we would then not be able to lock the door from the outside upon leaving. So, Sister Bell and I locked the door from the inside and then climbed out of our porch (there's a 5ft. fence around it). I locked both of the locks. But, one of them doesn't have a keyhole on the outside. Soooo, upon the return of the other sisters, they couldn't get inside and had to climb over the fence as well. Now we've found a better way; no more climbing over fences in skirts! So, it was a crazy last couple of days!

This week was also Zone Conference!!! We had to practice street contacting people who were holding random objects and then keep referring back to those objects and relating them to the gospel. It was a lot of fun! Our first object was play-doh eggs, and so we related those back to how we are shaped and molded throughout this life to become the best that we can be through the gospel of Jesus Christ, but at the same time, we have to stay true to who we truly are inside and hold onto that firm foundation of Christ. It goes perfectly with Helaman 5:12. The other object was a weird clamp. Luckily, Sister Bell knew that it was something to so with weight-lifting and so we were able to compare the gospel to weight-lifting. Actually, everything in life seems to be a metaphor if you take a few seconds to think about it. We talked a lot about the importance of being ourselves in missionary work. It's really easy to become a robot when you are doing something all day every day. But, that's not how life was meant to be! We are all given gifts and talents that we have a duty to share with others.

We played Preach My Gospel Jeopardy at zone conference, and our table came in 3rd place out of about 13 or so tables. Not too bad! Russian power! (Funny side note: all of the missionaries always ask us "how is Russia?"...fyi...we aren't in Russia...and half the people we talk to aren't even from Russia anyways...haha) I was having fun answering every question, until I realized that they subtract points for the wrong answer :| I guess I didn't pay enough attention to all of the time we watched Jeopardy at Grandma and Grandpa Williams' house!

We had our ward carnival this week. The missionaries were in charge of a photo booth. So, that was right up my alley! It was a lot of fun to watch all the members of the ward with silly props, and hold so many iPhones (I swear, they just keep getting bigger and bigger...also what on earth are live photos?!).

There was a "big" storm this week. The 3rd or so time I've seen lightning on my mission here and the only time I've heard thunder. It was pretty rainy and crazy outside, and so driving was interesting. And then, it was beautiful and sunny the next couple of days. Today, it's fairly warm and just a little cloudy. I feel summer coming, and I am so excited not to have to wear tights and feel like I'm in high school again trying to stay warm in a skirt every day.

I had a lot to say today! It was a crazy busy week. Happy Mother's Day to every single mom out there! Especially Annette Jenne <3 I love you! I am so excited to have the opportunity to skype with my family on Sunday. Have a great week.

Love, Cectpa Jenne"







No comments:

Post a Comment