Friday, December 16, 2016

Laundry In the Snow! (Week 26)

"Attached is a picture of the snow in Seattle! I heard that it barely ever snows here except maybe once or twice a year...that's more than Alabama. I thought it was pretty special because this was Sister Orr's last day here in Washington!

This past week was a hard one, but a fun one as well! It's hard to stay focused when you kill a companion, that's for sure. However, I learned a lot about consecration and trusting my Heavenly Father. I have to trust that even though I do not speak fluent Russian and I do not know exactly what I am doing that He will provide a way for me to accomplish all of the things that I need to.
I got really distracted thinking about home this week. It was so hard to consecrate my thoughts and conversations. Tomorrow is transfers, but I already know who my new companion will be. It was realllllllly scary for me to hear that Sister Truax (from Ukraine and speaks fluent Russian) is getting transferred to English work and I will be with Sister Christensen who has been out one transfer less than me. I hit 6 months this week, but I don't feel like I'm ready to be a senior companion. We cover 3 missions. It's so overwhelming. While I was praying last night, I asked how I am supposed to do this. Heavenly Father taught me that I am going to be the most Senior Russian sister for the rest of my mission and that what happens this transfer is exactly what needs to happen for me to be ready for the rest of my mission and for the rest of my life. I know it's not going to be easy BUT I am excited to learn a LOT.

I get to be companions with an Hermana today. She is teaching me a little Spanish. Maybe by the end of the day we will each know how to say a few things in our languages.

Something that I learned this week that peace is not something calm and quiet.  Peace is the ongoing comfort that we can receive from Heavenly Father through thick and thin. In Ether 6, the Jaredites are tossed to and fro on the waves. They get thrown under the water and are driven forth by the wind. Basically, it's a really rough trip that they have to go through. God didn't give them a smooth sailing trip, but he did make sure that they had the peace that comes from a continual light inside of the barges.
And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters,towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind.

 6 And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the fierceness of the wind.

 7 And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight like unto a dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark of Noah; therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters.
And thus they were driven forth; and no monster of the sea could break them, neither whale that could mar them; and they did have light continually, whether it was above the water or under the water.
Peace is like unto a river. Sister Orr and I listened to Motab sing that song a few times this week. Peace is like a river in that sometimes there are rapids, and sometimes there aren't, but the water continues to flow on anyways. It's a perfect metaphor for life. Heavenly Father is the reason that I am able to continue to flow also the path of life. No matter what is thrown at me, i know that it's going to end up being okay. Anyways, I just wanted to point out that the Jaredites "had light continually." that's what the gospel does for us! That's why we have confidence and peace in our lives. I love it. I love this gospel and I love Christmas! It's a wonderful time of year to light the world with the spirit of Christ.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! YOU ARE THE BEST!

I love all of you so much! have a blessed week
-Cectpa Jenne"






No comments:

Post a Comment