Wednesday, December 13, 2017

the miracle of the mission (week 79)

"I cannot begin to put into words how I feel.

I cannot believe that a week from today I will be in an airplane that was most likely manufactured by Boeing, just a few miles from where I am sitting right now.

I cannot believe that I have gotten so comfortable surrounded by thousands of tall green trees.

It rains almost every day here. When the sun comes out, I wonder if I'm actually still in Seattle.

Bothell, Washington has become my home.

I believe in miracles; I believe in a God of miracles. The past 18 months has been miraculous.

The reason that it has been miraculous is because I now have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. It has come slowly and steadily sometimes, and blindingly quickly in other moments.

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is a miracle.

I wanted to share some of the most important things that I learned on my mission:

My life will be successful and happy. Not because I won't have ups and downs, but because of the ups and downs. Because Jesus Christ experienced all that I have, am and will experience, I know that there is someone walking beside me, holding me up when things are hard and rejoicing with me when miracles occur. Happiness is more than our circumstances. God gave us the ability to be happy.

I can repent every day. Bringing my will in line with God's will probably won't happen over night. Repenting every day is an essential part of the sanctification process. It also brings more gratitude for the Savior's Atonement into my life and helps me remember Him.

I can serve every day. I can walk our the door and smile at someone. I can choose to talk to whomever I am near. God doesn't want us to float through our day, caught up in our own lives. I will grown more when I am invested and involved in the lives of His other children.

Through the sacrament, I can get better. I can improve through a real power. The power of the Atonement flows into my life when I partake of the sacrament worthily every single week. Church helps me renew and strengthen my testimony to be prepared for the temptations that are sure to come the following days.

The scriptures will bring answers and the spirit into my life. When I read and pray about the Book of Mormon, I know that it is true because of how I feel but also because of the experiences that I have had receiving answers through its words.

My worth is not based on self-schema. I must define myself as a daughter of God first and foremost, because it's the only thing that won't change...ever.

Love. I don't think I understood before my mission that love is the thread of all of the fabric of life. Without love, God wouldn't exist and therefore I would not exist because God is truly love. 

I love all of you, but mostly, I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He is the Lord of all Lords, the Prince of Peace, the Bright and Morning Star, the Name Above All Names, Redeemer, the Good Shepherd. He is the baby who was born unto Mary in a humble stable surrounded by donkeys, sheep, and cows.

He is the Light.

Have a blessed week.
Love always,
Cectpa Jenne"

I can hardly believe that this is it. She is done. In 6 days, I get to hug my beautiful cectpa. What a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful testimony, Sis Jenne— I am in tears. We are all so excited for you to come home and I know you are having mixed emotions— enjoy your last few days and we look forward to seeing you soon!! Love you❤️

    ReplyDelete