Sunday, October 29, 2017

Why should the U.S. ban pre-shredded cheese? (Week 69)

“TO MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

This week in English class, we read jokes! No one understood them, except the native English speakers, so it was a bit of a fail. Now, I know some new jokes though. Someday I hope to have an arsenal of jokes and riddles to pull out in boring moments. I never thought a mission is where I would hear so many jokes.

Once upon a time, we were in our apartment, talking to our district leader on the phone, and it started smelling like gas. Of course, we tell him and then he shows up at 10:30pm (we're supposed to be asleep by then) to check it out. by 11:00pm, we still couldn't find the source, but we weren't about to just go to sleep. And so, we walked around the office, trying to find the apartment complex's emergency number. Basically, we couldn't find any numbers to contact and we just had to pack our bags, leave, and go sleep at some other sisters' apartment. The floor was dang hard. I might have gotten 2 hours of sleep on Saturday night. The funniest part was that there were Elders in our apartment, and that never happens.

It's good to be back in Bothell. I miss Duvall and Sister Anderson, but I love Sister Christensen & Piddubna (yes, I'm in a trio again, but Sister C will be going home this next week, so it will just be Sister P and I)

We are covering the Bothell ward and both Russian areas. It's a lot to cover, and we have 4 area books (only people who have served a mission will know what that means, probably...) For the rest of you...it means we have to spread ourselves a little thin to make sure that nothing gets too neglected! I'm exhausted and working hard. That's okay though because HARD IS GOOD!

I'll say a bit about what I loved from General Conference this past weekend!


I have to say that I always, always love Elder Holland's talks the most out of everyone's. I try to find others that measure up, but it's always his that hit me the most. I have always wondered about Christ's admonition to us to "be ye perfect." I have always thought, "well, that's literally impossible, I'll just have to wait for a billion years." I guess what Elder Holland is saying is that it's true, it's not going to happen for a really really long time. Like, it's an eternal process. Do you know how long eternity is?? Jesus uses an unfathomable measurement (perfection) because we cannot fathom the things that he has done for us. Refinement will one day be complete, but for now, I want to strive (however clumsily) for perfect moments in the name of perfection himself. Like Elder Holland said. Anyone who knows me knows that I can be a perfectionist and stress out about the small insignificant things that will hold me back from seeing the bigger picture, luckily, the mission has helped me realize that I can heal and change.

I would say more, but I have to go! Stay tuned for next week's letter :)

Love,
Sister Jenne”










No comments:

Post a Comment