Friday, June 2, 2017

Trio Training... Again! (Week 51)

"'If we're humble, we will be surprised by goodness in unexpected places, and we may create opportunities to grow closer to someone, who, like us, is not perfect.'

When loving people, we don't have to find those who are perfect. In fact, if they're perfect, then they're actually an imaginary friend. Love is the greatest commandment!

I apologize in advance, because this is going to be unorganized and probably short because I forgot to bring notes from this week, and we are also emailing as a zone in the church because the libraries are closed on Memorial Day...let's just say that everyone is being very loud and distracting. It's hard to focus. Happy Memorial Day! I am grateful for the opportunity to live in this wonderful country and to have freedom to be a missionary and to share the gospel and the believe what I know to be true! It's such a wonderful blessing. I've realized this a lot more as I have worked with people who didn't enjoy those freedoms for a large portion of their lives.

My companions are Sister Hamon and Sister Piddubna. If you recall, Sister Hamon is my trainee from a few transfers ago, and Sister Piddubna is my new trainee! So we get to be a little family! I just hope they don't revolt and combine against me ;) No, it's awesome. We are already great friends. We were able to have such spiritual lessons this week with some new investigators. We are covering the Bothell ward and the Russian area now, so we have the privilege of taking over the Elders' investigators and teaching in English! It's awesome. We are working on reactivating some less-actives and get their daughter baptized. They're such a great family and are right now working on learning how to pray every single day and bring the spirit into their lives. We are also working with a man who is trying to find faith in God and realize that he is a son of God. As we were teaching, we all felt the spirit so strongly that tears began to fall. Through the tears, the power of God was so obvious and so manifest.

I am so grateful to be here.
I love you all!
Sister Jenne"




No comments:

Post a Comment