Friday, February 24, 2017

Worrying= Mentally Practicing Failure (Week 35)

Oh my goodness y'all! I'm so awful! I have THREE posts to put up for you today. I will try not to get so behind again! Promise!!
"Moral of the title... don't worry! be happy! Practice success! You'll be happier, I promise :D

Sooooo, the center of the UW (university of washington) campus is called "Red Square." AKA one of my new favorite places. Our Sister Training Leaders are over one of the YSA wards on UW campus.Therefore, we got to do exchanges this past week on a college campus! i felt like I was back in school, but at the same time, so far removed from the students there. It's funny how different priorities become over time and in different circumstances. I learned a lot about street contacting and what it's like to talk to 50 people in one day. Something that just doesn't happen in the Russian work. We were walking around after dark on the edge of campus, and there weren't any people around. A pay phone started ringing and I felt an urge to answer it. (I just feel invincible as a missionary or something because I never would have done this before my mission). Anyways, a guy asking for Mike answered the phone, and I let him know that there's no one around, but that we are missionaries and we love to talk to people about Jesus Christ. Turns out, he knew a lot about the LDS church and had a ton of questions. Some of them were really difficult questions that have caused deep divisions within society and politics right now. I am so glad to be able to say that I had concrete answers for each question and I know exactly where I stand and exactly where the spirit tells me i should be for each of these issues, no matter how complicated or difficult. It was such a cool experience, and I just hope that I was able to touch his heart and teach about repentance and how we can all change for the better. No matter what. I know that's true!

Something from my personal study that I loved this week was Alma 50:39. Just in general, the war chapters in Alma are such a great parallel between us and Satan. How Satan works with us is the same way that Amalikiah worked against the Nephites. However, the Nephites were prepared with their building of walls and armor and such and were able to be very successful in defending themselves. In verse 39, it says "...he (Nephihah) was appointed with an oath and sacred ordinance to judge righteously, to keep the peace and the freedom of the people, and to grant unto them the sacred privileges to worship the Lord their God, yea to support and maintain the cause of God all his days..." we know that the cause of God is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. (Moses 1:39) It reminds me of a quote from David O'McKay:
 "True Christianity is love in action. There is no better way to manifest love for God than to show an unselfish love for your fellow man. This is the spirit of missionary work."
 We are here to support and maintain the cause of God. Which is a cause of Love. What a great work! Being a missionary is pretty cool sometimes.
Obedience: the price
Faith: the power
Spirit: the key
Christ: the reason
Love: the motive
Joy: the reward

Alma 45:6-7: "6 and Alma said unto him, will ye keep my commandments? 7 and he said: yea, I will keep them with all my heart."
That taught me that there are 4 possible responses to this question. No, I will not. Yes, I will keep the commandments..sometimes..., yes, I will keep the commandments always. OR YES, I will keep the commandments ALWAYS WITH ALL OF MY HEART. I invite all of you to consider with answer you are giving in your life. 

The scriptures are cool, especially the Book of Mormon! Love and miss you all! have a wonderful week. Miracles are out there if you look for them :)

-Cectpa Jenne"

Sister Jenne sent SO MANY PICTURES for this week and they make me so happy so here y'all go!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment