Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Peaches Here Are Really Good... (Week 14)

Yay! Email!!

"I thought about trying to make my emails shorter, and I realized that that's just not possible! There is too much that happens and too many things that I want to share with all of you! The first thing is that every single person here tells me that I do not look like I am from Alabama and that I don't have an accent and basically they are all just really really confused when I say where I am from. It's very interesting because they really seem to have a picture of what someone from Alabama should be like hahah. Speaking of Alabama, there is a new sister coming who is from Alabama! Actually she is from Ukraine, but she was adopted into a family in the great state of Alabama. So that's cool, she'll be here in December I think. Cannot remember her name.

Food wise, I have some more lovely pieces of advice that I have learned from making my own food. First of all, cinnamon on a peanut butter and honey sandwich is quite amazing. (but not too much or else it's like the cinnamon challenge all over again). Also, I have discovered Trader Joe's. This is the most amazing store on the planet. They have this thing called Cookie Butter and it's way better and more addictive that Nutella and I suggest everyone try it (with caution). Also grilled cheese and spaghetti sauce is something we are going to try this week and I have a prompting that it will be really yummy :P I feel kinda guilty saying this, but I think Washington peaches might be better than Georgia peaches. I'm not that loyal to the South, I guess hahah. Maybe that's why I don't look like I'm from Alabama who knows.

For funny stories this week:
1) I was telling a man a story from when I was 16 and he got a really confused look on his face. I guess he couldn't see how I was any older than 16. So not only do I look like I'm not from Alabama, but I also look like I am merely 16 years old.

2) We met a man who had developed a Russian accent because he just needed to change his life. Turns out he is a member and so we got his number and he started texting us some interesting questions about life and philosophy and offering to give us rations of food because apparently he always does that for missionaries. Let's just say we don't really plan on meeting up with him...ha...ha...

3) We called a Russian babushka on the phone and asked her if she wanted to be baptized. In 2 days. The thing is, Sister Orr was driving and so I made this phone call all by myself and I don't think she understood a word that I was saying, so that was a fun experience and I couldn't really hold it together through all of the absurdity. The fact that I am trying to have a serious conversation on the phone with a tiny little Russian grandma IN RUSSIAN and I don't know how to understand her or really say that much in return. Pretty absurd. That's how the mission works though apparently.

We had the most fun this week with Elder and Sister Peterson! They came and worked in our area and helped us contact people and have a fun time. A ton of work got done and so we are planning on doing the same thing tomorrow night. This area is honestly pretty hard and we are just trying to keep the faith and stay positive and know that there are Russians out there that want to talk to us! It's hard getting the door slammed in your face or getting told that you are going to a bad place, but just gotta keep smiling through it all and knowing that God is there! I know that the best way to be happy is to focus on the amazing things in this world! Just appreciate nature and all of the beauty we are so lucky to see every day. The trees here in Washington are absolutely beautiful. We went out into the country this week and I LOVED it so much to see all of the trees in that transitional phase of half green, half orange/red. We just have to focus on how blessed we truly are! To live in this country where we have freedom. To be able to have freedom of religion. We are a blessed people :) Focus on the wonders and miracles of life and God will help us to notice the happy things in life if we have patience and work at it! I have been trying to do this and I have really seen a difference in how my thoughts are way more present and I am just happy in the moment!

We had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple! It was beautiful and so much fun. What a way to start off a new transfer. Speaking of transfers...they're insane! They just call missionaries and tell them whether or not they will be transferred but don't tell them anything else and so they just have to sit there for a couple of days and wait to see what is going to happen! Craziness. So much fun to hear about who is moving in and out of different wards and zones.

"Christianity is love in action. There is no better way to manifest love for God than to show an unselfish love for your fellow men."
-David O. McKay

Romans 11:33-36

I love you all so much!
Sister Jenne"






Pictures, pictures, picturesssss!!
Ah I'm so proud of my seeeeeester! <33333
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment